Louisiana Behavioral Health Partnership
The Louisiana Behavioral Health Partnership (LBHP) is the system of care for Medicaid and non-Medicaid adults and children who require specialized behavioral health services, including those children who are at risk for out of home placement under CSoC. Beginning March 1, 2012, the LBHP is managed by Magellan Health Services of Louisiana. The LBHP includes participation of Magellan, OBH, Medicaid, Office of Juvenile Justice (OJJ), Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), and Department of Education (DOE), who together form the Partnership.
The LBHP is designed to serve the needs of individuals who comprise one of the following target populations:
- Children with extensive behavioral health needs either in or at-risk of out-of-home placement;
- Medicaid-eligible children with medically necessary behavioral health needs who need coordinated care;
- Adults with severe mental illness and/or addictive disorders who are Medicaid eligible; and,
- Non-Medicaid children and adults who have severe mental illness and/or addictive disorders.
Through better coordination of services, the Louisiana Behavioral Health Partnership:
- Enhances the consumer experience;
- Increases access to a more complete and effective array of behavioral health services and supports;
- Improves quality of care and outcomes; and
- Reduces repeat ER visits, hospitalizations, out-of-home placements and institutionalizations.
Independent Review Team Notes Magellan's Progress on Implementation
The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals - Office of Behavioral Health (DHH-OBH) asked Mercer Human Resource Consulting (Mercer), an independent organization, to evaluate our ability to begin offering services on March 1. On Jan. 25 and 26, Mercer conducted interviews and onsite reviews of our transition plans and accomplishments. Mercer's objective report focused on:
- Clinical operations
- Information systems
- Claims operations
- Financial monitoring and reporting
Mercer noted the great progress we've made with our implementation plans and identified some tasks for us to focus on to ensure a successful transition. Here's a brief recap of what we heard.
- Mercer commended Magellan for collaborating with state agencies, including OBH, DCFS, OJJ and DOE.
- They are impressed with the quality of staff we have hired and the back-up support we are providing from corporate staff.
- They are especially pleased with our quality improvement (QI) plan, which includes many opportunities for stakeholder participation, including committees that will plan, monitor progress and make recommendations for key programs and activities, including:
Recovery and resiliency programs
Member satisfaction and complaints
Racial and ethnic equities and disparities
Provider profiles and outcomes
We continue to work closely with the state to implement our plans to ensure successful transition of care for members and their families on March 1.
Here is a list of the emails we have sent to Louisiana providers and members of the community.
For the Community
- January 13, 2012: Louisiana Behavioral Health Providers - We want to hear from you!
- January 27, 2012: Louisiana Behavioral Health Providers - You are invited to a Magellan provider training session
- February 2, 2012: Louisiana Behavioral Health Providers - Join our weekly webinars
- March 2, 2012: Important Information for LBHP Providers
- March 5, 2012: Join Magellan Provider Conference Calls Throughout March
- December 31, 2012: Provider Announcement concerning CA Enhancements
- February 5, 2013: Eligibility for Services as an 'OBH-Eligible Member'
- March 15, 2013: FAX Number Change for Psychological Testing Requests
- March 29, 2013: RFP Announcement
- March 29, 2013: PRL Re-Allignment Announcement
- April 12, 2013: SA Residential Providers - Room & Board Reimbursement
- April 18, 2013: CA Manual Modules Now Available
- April 30, 2013: PRL Re-Allignment - Update
- May 8, 2013: Certified Providers of CANS - Recertification Requirements
- May 20, 2013: CA Manual, Version 1.0 - Now Available!
Join Our Team!